By Paul Springer
The assaults of September eleven and the ensuing struggle on Terror have outlined the 1st decade and a 1/2 the twenty first century. this article heavily examines and analyzes the first files that supply the old historical past of state-of-the-art around the world conflict on Terror.
• presents introductory remark in addition to in-depth research from knowledgeable within the field
• incorporates a selection of thematically similar basic resource files followed by means of adjoined introductions and analyses
• bargains a transparent synopsis of the arguments used by either the U.S. and Al Qaeda opposed to one another throughout the warfare on Terror
• offers sidebars containing info, proof, and figures the most important to figuring out the content material in query in addition to a bibliography that directs readers towards extra assets for additional research at the September eleventh assaults and the warfare on Terror
Read Online or Download 9/11 and the War on Terror: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides) PDF
Best terrorism books
This quantity analyzes the Nordic and Baltic states' courting with the eu safeguard and Defence coverage (ESDP). Clive Archer offers a common history to the eu Union's ESDP, the strategic scenario of Northern Europe, the most protection and defence coverage concerns confronted via the states there, in addition to outlining the most theoretical concerns referring to safety within the quarter.
This e-book examines the movement and results of radical discourse by way of analysing the function of mass media insurance in selling or hindering radicalisation and acts of political violence. there's a new atmosphere of clash within the post-9/11 age, during which there seems to be rising threats to safeguard and balance within the form of people and teams protecting or espousing radical perspectives approximately faith, ideology, usually represented within the media as oppositional to Western values.
New geopolitical realities -- together with terrorism, pandemics, rogue nuclear states, source conflicts, insurgencies, mass migration, financial cave in, and cyber assaults -- have created a dramatically assorted national-security surroundings for the US. Twentieth-century safety options, applied sciences, and commercial practices won't meet the protection specifications of a post-9/11 global.
The book's major concentration is on extremist ideologies and structural functions of violent non-state actors that hire terrorist capability. Ideologies and organizational styles are noticeable because the major comparative benefits of such teams in an asymmetrical war of words in any respect degrees, from the neighborhood to the worldwide.
- The International Community and Statebuilding: Getting Its Act Together? (Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding)
- Terrorism and WMDs: Awareness and Response
- Islamic Sufism Unbound: Politics and Piety in Twenty-First Century Pakistan
- Risk Centric Threat Modeling: Process for Attack Simulation and Threat Analysis
- Amateur Soldiers, Global Wars: Insurgency and Modern Conflict (Praeger Security International)
- Migrations en Afrique : un regard neuf / Le retour de la question allemande ? (Politique étrangère) (French Edition)
Extra info for 9/11 and the War on Terror: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides)