By Lynn E. Davis,David R. Howell,David E. Mosher,Lowell H. Schwartz
Read or Download Beyond the Nuclear Shadow: a Phased Approach for Improving Nuclear Safety and U.S.-Russian Realtions PDF
Best terrorism books
This quantity analyzes the Nordic and Baltic states' courting with the ecu safeguard and Defence coverage (ESDP). Clive Archer provides a normal historical past to the eu Union's ESDP, the strategic scenario of Northern Europe, the most safeguard and defence coverage concerns confronted by means of the states there, in addition to outlining the most theoretical concerns bearing on protection within the sector.
This ebook examines the stream and results of radical discourse by means of analysing the function of mass media assurance in selling or hindering radicalisation and acts of political violence. there's a new setting of clash within the post-9/11 age, within which there seems to be rising threats to protection and balance within the form of people and teams protecting or espousing radical perspectives approximately faith, ideology, frequently represented within the media as oppositional to Western values.
New geopolitical realities -- together with terrorism, pandemics, rogue nuclear states, source conflicts, insurgencies, mass migration, financial cave in, and cyber assaults -- have created a dramatically varied national-security setting for the USA. Twentieth-century safeguard ideas, applied sciences, and business practices won't meet the protection standards of a post-9/11 international.
The book's major concentration is on extremist ideologies and structural features of violent non-state actors that hire terrorist capability. Ideologies and organizational styles are obvious because the major comparative benefits of such teams in an asymmetrical disagreement in any respect degrees, from the neighborhood to the worldwide.
- Trauma at Home: After 9/11
- Fictions of the War on Terror: Difference and the Transnational 9/11 Novel
- The Politics of Possibility: Risk and Security Beyond Probability
- Terrorism: Its Global Overview, Explanation, and Prevention
- ISIS: The Terrorist Group That Would Be a State - ISIL, Islamic State, Jihadist Strategy and Savagery, Strengths and Weaknesses, al-Zarqawi, al-Qaeda, al-Baghdadi, al-Nusra, Caliphate, al-Suri, Syria
- Cyber-War: The Anatomy of the Global Security Threat (Palgrave Pivot)
Extra info for Beyond the Nuclear Shadow: a Phased Approach for Improving Nuclear Safety and U.S.-Russian Realtions