By Gurashish Brar
- Over 2 hundred hands-on recipes that will help you successfully administer, layout, and optimize large-scale Apache Cassandra Clusters
- From a professional writer, the right way to organize, use, and troubleshoot globally disbursed large-scale databases
- Discover the best way to create effective information types and entry patterns
Apache Cassandra is a fault-tolerant, dispensed information shop, which bargains linear scalability permitting it to be a garage platform for giant excessive quantity web content. It’s grasp much less and symmetric structure offers effortless scalability and excessive availability. utilizing the tunable consistency a similar Cassandra cluster can fulfill various software requisites, for instance very excessive availability and assured consistency.
This e-book presents distinctive recipes ranging from how one can organize a unmarried node Cassandra cluster to extra complicated installations concerning a number of nodes and a number of datacenters. those recipes offer an in depth and hands-on creation to the CQL language during the CQL shell and is helping introduce the Java and Python drivers for API access.
The e-book offers certain insurance on the way to track Cassandra to get the simplest functionality and explains the tunable consistency, availability, and partition tolerance via for instance code snippets.
The recipes display how one can layout a knowledge version and schema to resolve a number of program necessities. This ebook introduces the right way to use Cassandra with massive facts analytics frameworks similar to Hadoop and Spark.
A good portion of the publication offers with recipes on administering, tracking, and automating operations initiatives to run a large-scale multi datacenter Cassandra cluster.
What you are going to learn
- Design and manage a Cassandra cluster in unmarried and a number of info heart environments
- Interact with Cassandra utilizing the flexible and robust command line CQLSH
- Write courses to entry information in Cassandra
- Tune a Cassandra cluster and your courses to get the easiest performance
- Get to grasp the right way to version information to optimize garage and access
- Perform tremendous facts analytics utilizing Cassandra with Hadoop, Spark, and Presto
About the Author
Gurashish Brar is at present valuable Engineer at Bloomreach, the place he is helping layout and manages the globally disbursed infrastructure that powers the Bloomreach’s giant info e-commerce platform. He has designed an elastic Cassandra and SolrCloud answer that instantly scales to hundreds of thousands of clusters whereas conserving a constant view of information. His paintings has been provided on the Cassandra Summit and Lucene Revolution conferences.
Read or Download Cassandra High Performance Cookbook - Second Edition PDF
Best data mining books
Social media shatters the barrier to speak every time anyplace for individuals of all walks of existence. The publicly to be had, nearly loose details in social media poses a brand new problem to shoppers who've to determine no matter if a bit of data released in social media is trustworthy. for instance, it may be obscure the motivations at the back of a press release handed from one consumer to a different, with out figuring out the person that originated the message.
For many years experiments carried out on house stations like MIR and the ISS were accumulating facts in lots of fields of study within the normal sciences, drugs and engineering. The EU-sponsored Ulisse net Portal offers metadata from area experiments of every kind and hyperlinks to the information. Complementary to the portal, this e-book will function guide directory area experiments by way of kind of infrastructure, zone of analysis within the lifestyles and actual sciences, info variety, what their challenge was once, what sort of info they've got amassed and the way you possibly can entry this knowledge via Ulisse for extra examine.
This ebook includes a few chosen papersfrom the foreign convention on severe studying desktop 2015,which was once held in Hangzhou, China,December 15-17,2015. This convention introduced jointly researchers and engineers to proportion andexchange R&D adventure on either theoretical reports and practicalapplications of the intense studying computer (ELM) procedure and brainlearning.
This ebook deals a variety of papers from the 2016 overseas convention on software program method development (CIMPS’16), held among the twelfth and 14th of October 2016 in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, México. The CIMPS’16 is a world discussion board for researchers and practitioners to provide and talk about the newest ideas, tendencies, effects, reports and matters within the diverse points of software program engineering with a spotlight on, yet no longer constrained to, software program procedures, protection in info and communique expertise, and massive facts.
- Mobility Data Management and Exploration
- Data-Driven Process Discovery and Analysis: Third IFIP WG 2.6, 2.12 International Symposium, SIMPDA 2013, Riva del Garda, Italy, August 30, 2013, Revised ... Notes in Business Information Processing)
- Prominent Feature Extraction for Sentiment Analysis (Socio-Affective Computing)
- Digital Economy. Emerging Technologies and Business Innovation: Second International Conference, ICDEc 2017, Sidi Bou Said, Tunisia, May 4–6, 2017, Proceedings ... Notes in Business Information Processing)
- Instant Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen
Additional info for Cassandra High Performance Cookbook - Second Edition