By Elena Pokalova
This expert's view into the strategic instructions, strategies, leaders, and important assaults hooked up to Chechen and North Caucasus terrorists examines the network's operations in addition to the good fortune of Russia's counterterrorist responses.
• Discusses varied strands of terrorist events that emerged through the years within the North Caucasus
• contains tables, maps, and charts to aid help content material and make stronger visible learning
• Analyzes the importance of the jihadi ideology within the North Caucasus
• Examines the structural dynamics in the back of terrorist assaults over time
Read or Download Chechnya's Terrorist Network: The Evolution of Terrorism in Russia's North Caucasus (Praeger Security International) PDF
Best terrorism books
This quantity analyzes the Nordic and Baltic states' dating with the ecu safeguard and Defence coverage (ESDP). Clive Archer provides a basic historical past to the ecu Union's ESDP, the strategic scenario of Northern Europe, the most defense and defence coverage concerns confronted via the states there, in addition to outlining the most theoretical issues pertaining to safeguard within the sector.
This publication examines the flow and results of radical discourse through analysing the function of mass media assurance in selling or hindering radicalisation and acts of political violence. there's a new atmosphere of clash within the post-9/11 age, during which there seems to be rising threats to safety and balance within the form of people and teams protecting or espousing radical perspectives approximately faith, ideology, usually represented within the media as oppositional to Western values.
New geopolitical realities -- together with terrorism, pandemics, rogue nuclear states, source conflicts, insurgencies, mass migration, fiscal cave in, and cyber assaults -- have created a dramatically various national-security setting for the United States. Twentieth-century safeguard techniques, applied sciences, and commercial practices won't meet the safety requisites of a post-9/11 global.
The book's major concentration is on extremist ideologies and structural services of violent non-state actors that hire terrorist capability. Ideologies and organizational styles are visible because the major comparative benefits of such teams in an asymmetrical disagreement in any respect degrees, from the neighborhood to the worldwide.
- Critical Perspectives on Counter-terrorism (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- Generation Allah. Warum wir im Kampf gegen religiösen Extremismus umdenken müssen (German Edition)
- Die Zelle: Rechter Terror in Deutschland (German Edition)
- Criminal Enterprise Investigation
Additional resources for Chechnya's Terrorist Network: The Evolution of Terrorism in Russia's North Caucasus (Praeger Security International)