By Bernie Ronan,Carrie B. Kisker
Concepts of civic studying and democratic engagement are important to the aim of upper schooling, particularly for group faculties. This volume:
- establishes a philosophical framework for civic studying and democratic engagement in neighborhood colleges,
- details numerous methods to bettering the civic capacities of scholars in those institutions,
- provides top perform examples and classes realized from practitioners within the box, and
- addresses a few of the sticky concerns reminiscent of: What are the results of civic studying courses and practices? How may possibly civic skills move to different settings? Is there a connection among civic abilities and people valued within the workplace?
This is the 173rd quantity of this Jossey-Bass quarterly record sequence. necessary to the pro libraries of presidents, vice presidents, deans, and different leaders in contemporary open-door associations, New instructions for group faculties presents professional assistance in assembly the demanding situations in their unique and increasing academic mission.
Read or Download Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 173 (J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges) PDF
Best college & university education books
The aim of this research is to spot the character of swap happening in university-industry partnerships, to appreciate the underlying elements that impact that adjust, and to discover the underlying means of swap. 3 in-depth case experiences are thought of, that of MIT, Cambridge college, and Tokyo collage, to check their stories in constructing new forms of university-industry relationships.
The 1st African American fraternities and sororities have been validated on the flip of the 20th century to inspire management, racial satisfaction, and educational excellence between black students confronting the legacy of slavery and the indignities of Jim Crow segregation. With a robust presence that endures on trendy campuses, African American fraternities and sororities declare mythical artists, politicians, theologians, inventors, intellectuals, educators, civil rights leaders, and athletes of their ranks.
Univer-cities: Strategic Implications for Asia goals to redefine the multi-faceted symbiotic dating among universities and host towns. The 4 readings during this reader will invite readers to problem the normal view of what a college is as a spot, and re-define the collage as an area; drawing discoverers, creators, and seekers who're prepared to maintain and increase the price of upper schooling in Asia.
Pupil Veterans and repair contributors in larger schooling bridges conception to perform so as to larger organize practitioners of their efforts to extend the good fortune of veteran and armed forces provider individuals in larger schooling. Bringing jointly views from a researcher, practitioner, and scholar veteran, this specified writer workforce offers a entire yet plausible textual content reviewing appropriate learn literature and providing obtainable suggestions for operating with scholars.
- Education and Global Justice
- Ernest L. Boyer: Hope for Today's Universities
- Language Choice in a Nation Under Transition: English Language Spread in Cambodia: 5 (Language Policy)
- Black Men in Higher Education: A Guide to Ensuring Student Success (Key Issues on Diverse College Students)
- The Study of China in Universities: A Comparative Case Study of Australia and the United Kingdom
Extra resources for Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 173 (J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges)