By Edward P. St. John,Nathan Daun-Barnett,Karen M. Moronski-Chapman
Amid altering fiscal and social contexts, radical adjustments have happened in public greater schooling guidelines during the last 3 a long time. Public coverage and better Education presents readers with new how you can research those complicated country rules and provides the instruments to check how guidelines have an effect on scholars’ entry and good fortune in university. instead of arguing for a unmarried process, the authors study how policymakers and better schooling directors can paintings to notify and impression swap inside of structures of upper schooling utilizing research-based facts besides attention of political and historic values and beliefs.
- Case Studies—allow readers to check concepts utilized by forms of schools to enhance entry and retention.
- Reflective Exercises—encourage readers to debate country and campus context for coverage judgements and to contemplate the innovations utilized in a nation or institution.
- Approachable Explanations—unpack complicated public rules and fiscal techniques for readers who search knowing of public coverage in better education.
- Research-Based Recommendations—explore how policymakers, better schooling directors and college can interact to enhance caliber, range, and fiscal stewardship.
This textbook is a useful source for graduate scholars, directors, policymakers, and researchers who search to benefit extra in regards to the the most important contexts underlying coverage judgements and school entry.
Read Online or Download Public Policy and Higher Education: Reframing Strategies for Preparation, Access, and Success (Core Concepts in Higher Education) PDF
Best college & university education books
The aim of this research is to spot the character of switch happening in university-industry partnerships, to appreciate the underlying components that effect that modify, and to discover the underlying means of swap. 3 in-depth case reviews are thought of, that of MIT, Cambridge collage, and Tokyo collage, to check their studies in constructing new kinds of university-industry relationships.
The 1st African American fraternities and sororities have been verified on the flip of the 20 th century to inspire management, racial delight, and educational excellence between black students confronting the legacy of slavery and the indignities of Jim Crow segregation. With a powerful presence that endures on cutting-edge campuses, African American fraternities and sororities declare mythical artists, politicians, theologians, inventors, intellectuals, educators, civil rights leaders, and athletes of their ranks.
Univer-cities: Strategic Implications for Asia goals to redefine the multi-faceted symbiotic dating among universities and host towns. The 4 readings during this reader will invite readers to problem the normal view of what a college is as a spot, and re-define the college as an area; drawing discoverers, creators, and seekers who're willing to maintain and improve the price of upper schooling in Asia.
Pupil Veterans and repair participants in greater schooling bridges concept to perform with the intention to greater arrange practitioners of their efforts to extend the good fortune of veteran and army provider participants in larger schooling. Bringing jointly views from a researcher, practitioner, and pupil veteran, this designated writer group presents a complete yet achievable textual content reviewing appropriate study literature and providing available innovations for operating with scholars.
- The College Instructor's Guide to Writing Test Items: Measuring Student Learning
- Keys to College Success Compact (Keys Franchise)
- Selected Contemporary Assessment Issues: New Directions for Student Services, Number 142 (J-B SS Single Issue Student Services)
- Understanding and Reducing College Student Departure: ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Report, Volume 30, Number 3 (J-B ASHE Higher Education Report Series (AEHE))
Additional info for Public Policy and Higher Education: Reframing Strategies for Preparation, Access, and Success (Core Concepts in Higher Education)